February 2024 – One-Day Window Physical Inventory Reminder for All Food and FM Units
All employees responsible for counting, costing, recording, and reviewing inventory values must be properly trained and familiar with Inventory Control Policy AF-832.01. Please ensure that only items included in the policy are counted for inventory valuation and in-line with those guidelines (see specific guidelines for how to report items such as opened boxes/containers; liquor; food in process; etc.). Download the Inventory article for more information.
- A physical inventory count must be taken on Thursday, February 29 after your last served meal (if possible) and submitted to UFS by 11:45pm ET Friday, March 1.
Vending Load and Collection Card
With the recent .NET rewrite of the Vending reports in Web UFS, the Vending Load and Collection Card was removed from UFS but can be found on Sodexo_Net, Forms Center.
Download a Copy of Important Dates Calendars!
Attention U.S. Facilities Management Campus Units: Important Message - Coding Expenses by Category
U.S. FM Campus Units should review the FM Chart of Accounts Spreadsheet to ensure the correct GL Accounts are being used to better code and align expenses by category. The following areas are addressed in the document:
- Spend Category by Service (Custodial, Grounds & Maintenance)
- Chart of Accounts to utilize
- Account Grouping
- Service Grouping Level
- Examples/Detailed Definition (Purpose) of the account expense
If you have specific questions regarding taxability in your state, please email the tax department at SAPSalesUseTaxResearch.NorAm@sodexo.com. You may also reach out to your Finance Director with questions.
Web UFS US Vending Reports Updated to .NET Format
Reports listed below have been updated to .NET format. Please take the action required to ensure your PC will receive the latest updates.
Action Required in UFS: Following all UFS updates, users should clear browser cache and cookies to ensure the updates are visible and no system conflicts occur. This process should be performed on Wednesday prior to logging into Web UFS. With this update, users will see the same report data as before but may notice a few visual improvements and differences such as:
- Page numbers will now appear in the bottom right-hand corner of the reqritten reports.
- The old technology didnt display a "0" if there was no value returned. The new technology will display a "0," improving the overall look of the reports.
- If no data exists, the headers will not be displayed on the report, just the message that no data exists.
- Margins will not stretch as far to the edges as it does in the old format, but no data will be cut off with this change.
UFS reports included, by module:
- Sodexo_Net: USA/Canada
- UFS Support - CAN / US
- AP Support Center
- Chart of Accounts Resource Center
- Inventory Management
- E=Planning Resources
- E=Vision – home of the DFAV, Business Review, Financial Dashboard, Safety Dashboard and more
- E=nterprise Analysis – home of the AP, AR, Management Reporting, WOR Dashboards and more
- E=Business - Mainloc Access Support
Quick Links to Forms:
- UFS Intro to Financial Reporting - Ingenium search "UFS Financial Reporting"
- All UFS Training - to include short demos and user guides
- UFS User Guide for Commodity Inventory
- User Guide to the UFS Transfer Module
- UFS User Guide for Configuring a New Node ID
- UFS User Guide for Adding a New Cost Center (Unit) to Existing Node ID
- Add a GL Line in AP Entry
- Print or Save Accounts Payable and Cash Management Report in UFS
- How to Update School Services Reimbursement Rates, Meal Shells & OSI Templates
Additional user guides are available on the "All UFS Training" Sodexo_Net page referenced above.
Key References & Finance Manuals
Calendars and Close Schedules:
- FY24 Close Calendar
- Visit the Financial Close-All U.S. Segments Sodexo_Net page for financial close deadlines.
Finance Manuals & Reporting Procedures:
- Administration & Finance Manual (AF Topics)
- UFS Reporting Procedures
- National Brand Revenue Reporting Procedure
UFS Touchpoint References:
- Guide to Access Request Form - Web UFS and Web UFS New Node
- Request Access to an Existing Web UFS Node
- Requesting a New Web UFS Node
- Simplify Scan Solution What You Need to Know - Unit and Facilities Transmittals
- Record Retention Scanning Solution Guide
- Instructions to Clear Cache and Cookies in Chrome and Edge
- Transmit Once Per Week - UFS Inventory Module Transmission Reminders
- Electronic Invoice Rejection Reason Guide
- SAP Posting Logic for AP Invoices